Sunday 1 November 2009

Pinch, punch! 1st of the month


Another new month begins, and I'm wondering where the last few have gone. I've been working all hours preparing for my first commercial Art Exhibition. The 5th Windsor Art Fair will be held at the Royal Windsor Racecourse from Friday 13th till Sunday 15th November, with a preview from 6 till 9 pm on the Friday. I will be showing 10 new pieces which I am pretty excited about. I so rarely get excited! They are mostly landscapes but with the addition of a few florals which are so different from the ones I exhibited at COS in July.

The weather today reminds me of all the Sundays during the past 9 years spent standing on the sideline of numerous rugby pitches with my son Joshua. Today I am grateful he no longer plays. However, there was something very addictive about standing in the wind and the rain watching your son and the rest of the team play a passionate game of rugby. There is excitement and fear! For most of the 90 minutes I would keep up with the team shouting encouragement, but for the few moments when game stops and players step back, there is the fear that the poor boy lying on the floor could be your own. And then the guilt, which follows the relief when you notice your son standing amongst his team mates! With that thought I have uploaded a dramatic picture of a rugby pitch at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment